Thursday, February 16, 2012

WWII Gas Identification Posters

Well, these are creepy. They reportedly are chemical weapon identification and education posters from World War II. They remind me of the art from Fallout and a little bit of the stuff in Bioshock. I like to think about the folks that made these. What a strange occupation. Some guy sat in an office and decided that a elephant in a gas mask is just right for teaching G.I.s about phosgene gas. The war effort was unlike any other prior endeavor in human history and a great deal of the success of it can be laid at the feet of the people at home, organizing, working in war materiel factories, and getting the wheels of the "ol' juggernaut of freedom" moving. So anyway, enjoy these rather disconcerting posters. Know your chemical weapons, kids!







1 comment:

  1. Awesome Posters ! I think the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete