The Vektor Y3 is equipped with an electronic sight that can be used to fire at targets beyond visual range, provided that coordinates are provided by some type of forward observer.
40mm grenades have proven to be extremely useful in all types of conflicts and having a weapon that can hit targets out of sight or invulnerable to rifle fire can save the lives of an infantry squad. There are several different grenade types in use for this system:
- High Explosive (HE)
- Designed for used against vehicles and personnel (with a casualty radius of 5 m)
- High Explosive Dual Purpose (HE DP)
- This round has some armour piercing capability (50 mm armour, 350 mm concrete) and is designed for use against vehicles and fortifications.
- This round produces a flash and smoke intended for realistic simulations and training.
- Target Practice Tracer
- Similar to the Practice round, but producing a visible light trail similar to tracer rounds for firearms.
- Target Practice
- This round is inert and has the same ballistic properties as the HE and HE DP rounds.
|Place of origin||South Africa|
|Weight||32 kg (weapon),|
18 kg (tripod)
|Barrel length||300 mm (12 in)|
|Cartridge||40 mm grenade|
|Rate of fire||280–320 rounds/min|
|Muzzle velocity||242 m/s|
|Maximum range||2200 m|
|Feed system||20 round belt|
|Sights||optical or electronic (ballistic computer)|